Industrial Pharmacy-1 Important Questions Bank
Industrial Pharmacy-1 Important Questions 10 marks
1. Describe dry granulation techniques and list advantages and disadvantages.
2. Define capsules? Write on manufacturing of hard gelatine capsule shell. Explain the quality control tests for capsule.
3. Explain the excipients used in the manufacture of parenterals with suitable examples.
4. Explain in detail manufacturing defects of tablets. With reasons and remedies.
5. Write in detail the facilities required in the manufacturing of parentarls
6. Explain the different types of aerosol systems
7. Define Tablets. Give a detailed account of the different excipients and their functions used in the tablets.
8. Define capsules? Write on formulation of hard gelatine capsules
9. Describe in detail the production facilities required to be maintained for parenterals.
10. Describe in detail Wet granulation technique and compare with dry granulation
11. Write the definition, advantages, disadvantages and Q.C tests for capsules
12. Describe Glass as a material of construction as container for parenterals. Write a note on powdered glass test
13. Describe in detail reasons and remedies for manufacturing defects of tablets
14. Explain the nature of the soft gelatin capsule content with its manufacturing.
15. Describe plastic as a material of construction as container for parenterals and write a note on isotonicity
16. Describe the different granulation techniques used to manufacture tablets.
17. Explain the nature of the hard gelatin capsule shell and filling of hard gelatin capsules.
18. Describe in detail the formulation of parenterals.
19. Explain in detail sugar coating of tablets including the advantages, disadvantages, composition of coating materials used in the process
20. With a layout, explain the facilities required in production of parenterals
21. Write a detail note on manufacturing and filling of hard gelatin capsule
22. A) Discuss the tablet compression cycle by multi station rotary press.
B) Write the reasons and remedies for capping and lamination
23. Explain the excipients used in the manufacture of parenterals with suitable examples
24. Explain the process of any two methods used for manufacturing of soft gelatin capsules
25. Explain in detail the different granulation techniques. Name any two equipment employed.
26. Describe briefly the formulation requirements for manufacture of parenterals.
27. Explain the construction and working of a rotary die machine used in manufacture of soft gelatin capsule.
28. Define and classify oral liquid dosage forms. Discuss the general formulation and evaluation of Suspensions.
29. Define parenterals. Explain in detail quality control tests for parenterals.
30. Explain in detail the production and filling of hard gelatin capsule.
Industrial Pharmacy-1 Important 5 Marks questions
1. Explain the various physicochemical properties of drug substances which affect drug absorption.
2. BCS classification of drugs and its significance
3. Define syrup? Note on formulation of syrup?
4. Explain the filling of liquid orals
5. Explain in detail extraction of gelatin.
6. Explain the formulation of eye ointments
7. Explain the formulation and preparation of Cold cream
8. Define aerosols. Write the evaluation of aerosols
9. Write a note on QC tests for packaging materials
10. Write on BCS classification system with examples
11. Write in detail wet granulation technique
12. Write the formulation and evaluation of emulsions
13. Write on base adsorption and Minim/gram factor
14. Explain any two physicochemical factors affecting the drug absorption
15. Write on nature of soft gelatin capsule content
16. Explain the extraction of gelatin
17. Write a note on vehicles used in parenterals preparation
18. Write the formulation and preparation of cold cream
19. Write a short note stability studies
20. Determination of partition coefficient
21. Define emulsion. Describe formulation of emulsion
22. Describe the steps involved in sugar coating with suitable examples of ingredients used
in each step.
23. Describe the various quality control tests for capsules
24. Explain the factors to be considered in the formulation of ophthalmic preparation
25. Define paste. Formulation of tooth paste
26. Define aerosols. How stability studies are conducted on aerosol products
27. Different types of plastics used in packaging of pharmaceuticals with their advantages and disadvantages
28. Explain chemical properties of drug affect the formulation of pharmaceutical products
29. Describe the processing of film coating
30. Explain the formulation of suspensions
31. Write a note on filling of hard gelatine capsule
32. Explain the formulation requirements of ophthalmic preparations
33. Define and classify polymorphism with their pharmaceutical applications
34. Explain the formulation and preparation of sunscreens
35. Discuss on containers of aerosols
36. Write the ideal characteristics of glass containers with their advantages and disadvantages
37. Write the significance of flow property in development of tablets.
38. Describe the defects of film coating process.
39. Explain the various quality control test for hard gelatine capsule
40. Write the In-vivo and In-vivo method of pyrogen testing.
41. Name the various physicochemical properties of drugs. Explain any two
42. Explain filling of liquid orals.
43. Explain the formulation and preparation of Hair dyes.
44. Define aerosols. Write the propellants used in preparation of aerosols
45. Write a note on stability aspects of pharmaceutical containers
46. Write the applications of Preformulation consideration in the development of solid.
47. Describe the ingredients required for film coating process.
48. Draw a neat labelled diagram of Rotary die process.
49. Write about BCS classification system with its significance
50. Explain the formulation of eye ointments.
51. Explain significance of solubility in formulating liquid orals
52. Explain the formulation and preparation of Vanishing cream
53. Define aerosols write their advantages and disadvantages
54. Write a note on legal and official requirements for Containers
55. Describe physic-chemical factors influencing the design of dosage forms
56. Write a short note on BCS classification system with its significance
57. What are the steps involved in sugar coating? Explain
58. Explain in detail various instability conditions of emulsions and its stabilisation methods.
59. Explain the working of rotary die machine.
60. Discuss the formulation of an eye ointment
61. Write a note on containers used for aerosols
62. Discuss the formulation of lipsticks
63. Give a brief account on packaging of aerosol products
64. Explain the different parts of a continuous spray valve with a neat diagram
65. Describe quality control tests for tablets
66. Write the evaluation of aerosols
67. Explain the different steps involved in the production of hard gelatine capsule shell
68. How clarity and leakage tests for parenterals performed?
69. Explain the pH partition theory in drug absorption with suitable examples
70. Explain the filling methods of liquid orals
71. How do you formulate a liquid shampoo?
72. Define polymorphism classify with its significance
73. Explain any two physicochemical properties of drug substances which affects drug absorption
74. Emphasize on co-solvency in solubility of liquid orals
75. Describe the formulation of shampoo
76. Write about glass containers used in sterile preparation
77. Write short note on polymorphism and pseudopolymorphism
78. Give the formulation of vanishing cream
79. Write the differences between hard gelatin and soft gelatin capsules
80. Write in detail about defects of tablets
81. Explain the different parts of aerosols systems
82. Describe the formulation of tooth pastes
83. Write quality control tests for aerosols
84. Describe the formulation of eye drops
85. Write the formulation of tablets
86. Give the quality control tests for soft gelatin capsules
87. Importance of preformulation studies in the development of liquid dosage forms
88. Explain different steps involved in sugar coating of tablets
89. Give the formulation of cold cream
90. Write the influence of particle size in designing of tablet dosage forms
Industrial Pharmacy-1 Questions 2 Marks
1. Define Partition coefficient
2. Objectives of Preformulation studies
3. Enumerate QC tests for tablets
4. Differentiate between hard gelatin and soft gelatin capsules.
5. Define base adsorption and minim/gram factor.
6. Ideal requirements of parenterals
7. Define isotonicity
8. Sealing of ampoules
9. Name the factors influencing choice of pharmaceutical containers
10. Define and write the formula of Cold cream
11. Differentiate between amorpous and crystalline powder
12. Write the importance of angle of repose in tableting
13. Define capping and lamination
14. Write the applications of pellets
15. Write the different sizes of hard gelatin capsule
16. List the evaluation methods for ophthalmic
17. Write on HEPA filters
18. Write the importance of isotonicity in ophthalmic
19. Write the formulation of tooth paste
20. Write the materials used for packing of pharmaceutical products
21. Define polymorphism with examples
22. Write the goals of preformulation studies
23. Define syrup and elixer
24. Define Bloom strength
25. Storage conditions for capsules
26. List the vehicles used in parenterals
27. Name the various containers used for parenterals
28. Describe LAL test
29. Write the composition of shampoo
30. Define Dentifrices
31. Write the significance of BCS classification of drugs
32. Write the differences between syrup and elixir
33. Define angle of repose
34. What is the effect of iron content in soft gelatine capsules
35. Write pharmaceutical applications of soft gelatine capsules
36. Write on clarity test for parenterals
37. Define and classify parenterals
38. Define vanishing cream with its formula
39. Define antioxidants with examples
40. Name the various quality control tests for aerosols
41. Write the objectives of preformulation studies
42. Write on preservatives used in liquid orals
43. Define aseptic area
44. What do you mean by bloom strength
45. Write different sizes of hard gelatin capsules.
46. Write on leak test for parenterals.
47. Give two advantages and disadvantages of parenterals.
48. Write a typical formula of sunscreen.
49. Name the types of glass used to construct pharmaceutical containers
50. Differentiate between crystal and amorphous powder
51. Write the significance of partition co-efficient.
52. Write the effect of surface area and particle size on solubility
53. Write on disintegrants used in tablets preparation with examples.
54. Write different sizes of hard gelatin capsules.
55. Write on finishing of hard gelatin capsules.
56. Classify anti oxidants used in parenterals.
57. Name the principles used in long acting parenterals.
58. Write a typical formula of Shampoo.
59. Name the different materials used to construct pharmaceutical containers
60. Write a typical label for an eye drop.
61. Explain the term “polymorphism”
62. List out the applications of preformulation studies
63. Differentiate disintegrants and super disintegrants with examples.
64. Define bloom strength and write its importance
65. Differentiate between hard gelatin and soft gelatin capsules
66. Classify vehicles used in parenterals
67. Classify antioxidants used in parenterals with one examples
68. Name some stabilizing agents used in eye drops
69. List four advantages of aerosols
70. Advantages of plastics as packaging materials
71. Write the importance of pKa in formulation development
72. List out tablet defects
73. Mention the applications of soft gelatin capsules
74. What are the methods available to seal the ampoules?
75. Classify propellants with examples
76. List out four advantages of aerosols
77. Ideal properties of rubber closure for parenterals
78. Write note on bloom strength
79. Give four examples of preservatives used ophthalmic preparations
80. What is the relationship between solubility and particle size?
81. BCS classification of drugs
82. Particle size influencing absorption
83. Clarity test for parenterals
84. List the methods of filling of oral liquids
85. Ideal properties of Lipsticks
86. Name any four Propellants used in aerosol
87. Define base adsorption and minim/gram factor
88. Classify Parenterals
89. Sizes of hard gelatine capsules
90. Ideal requirements of eye ointments
91. Write any four advantages of soft gelatin capsules
92. Clarification of eye drops
93. List the vehicles used in parenteral
94. Applications of partition coefficient
95. Disadvantages of Hair Dyes
96. Define Sunscreens and write its uses
97. Advantages of parenteral
98. Storage conditions of capsules
99. BCS classification of drugs
100. Advantages of film Coating of tablets