List of Nursing Courses, Eligibility, Age Limit, Fees, Colleges
Nursing is one of the popular professional courses in the healthcare sector.
The demand for nursing courses has begun to increase with the increase in the health centers all over the world.
You can pursue certificate and diploma level nursing courses after 10th, or he can choose to pursue UG or PG level nursing courses after 12th such as General Nursing Midwifery and Auxiliary Nursing Midwifery.
There are different types of Diploma and Degree Nursing courses that candidates can pursue after completing Class 12.
- GNM – 3.5 year Diploma
- ANM – 2 year Diploma
- B.Sc in Nursing – 4 year Degree course
- M.Sc. in Nursing – 2 years PG Degree program
- M.Phil. in Nursing – 1 year advanced program (2 years in part time format)
- PhD in Nursing – 3 to 5 years advanced program
Specializations in Nursing
Skills for Nursing Job
- Critical thinking
- Attitude and Confidence
- Creative Thinking
Job Profile for a Nurse
Salary for Nurses
- Staff Nurse (GNM) INR 10,000-15,000
- Nursing Supervisor INR18,000-30,000
- Home Nurse INR 9,000-16,000
- ICU/CCU Nurse INR 16,000-25,000
- Nurse Manager INR 35,000-50,000
- OT Nurse INR 14,000-25,000
- Nursing Professor (Teaching) INR 25,000-45,000
- Asst. Nursing Superintendent INR 38,000-60,000
- Nursing Director INR 80,000-1,00,000
GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery)
GNM or General Nursing and Midwifery is one of the most pursued nursing courses.
The course trains the students to be the first level of nursing operation experts in a hospital.
For a GNM course, the candidate must have studied Science at the 12th level.
This course is conducted for 3-3.5 years
GNM Course Eligibility Criteria
The student who wants to join GNM must follow the given eligibility criteria.
- The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on or before 31st December of the year in which admission is sought.
- The maximum age for admission shall be 35 years.
- The minimum educational requirements shall be 10 + 2 in Arts (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Economics, Political Science, History, Geography, Business Studies, Accountancy, Home Science, Sociology, Psychology, and Philosophy) and English Core/English Elective or Science or Health care Science ‐ Vocational stream ONLY passing out from recognized Board.
- Student shall be medically fit.
- Students qualified in 10+2 Arts or Science examination conducted by National Institute of Open School.
Some career options after studying GNM are as follows,
- ICU Nurse
- Senior – Nurse Educator
- Nursing Tutor
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Home Care Nurse
ANM (Auxiliary Nurse Midwifery)
ANM or Auxiliary Nurse Midwifery is a diploma course that can be taken up after completing 12th.
This course is conducted for 2 years and students can join various nursing fields after studying ANM as well.
ANM Eligibility Criteria
- The eligibility criteria for taking up a nursing course of ANM at the UG Diploma level are as follows:
- Minimum and Maximum age for admission will be 17 and 35 years. There is no age bar for ANM/LHV.
- Minimum education: 10+2 class passed preferably Science (PCB) & English with aggregate of 40% marks.
- 10+2 vocational ANM under CBSE Board or other equivalent board from the school and recognized by Indian Nursing Council with 40% marks.
- Student shall be medically fit.
Following ate the career options and scopes students studying GNM Nursing:
- Health Visitor
- Rural Health Worker
- Home Nurse
- Community Health Worker
- Basic Health Worker
Bachelor’s Nursing Courses
- BSc in Nursing
- BSC (Hons.) in Nursing
- Post Basic BSc in Nursing
BSc in Nursing
BSc Nursing is a degree course that can be taken up after completing 12th.
BSc Nursing Eligibility Criteria
Top BSc Nursing Exams in India
- AIIMS Nursing – All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
- PGIMER Nursing – Post Graduate Institute of Medical, Education, and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh
- CMC Ludhiana BSc Nursing – Christian Medical College Ludhiana Society
- Indian Army Nursing – Directorate General of Medical Services (Indian Army)
- JIPMER Nursing – Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER), Puducherry
- KGMU Nursing – King George’s Medical University, Lucknow
- RUHS Nursing – Rajasthan University of Health Sciences, Jaipur
- BHU Nursing – Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Jamia Hamdard Nursing – Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi
- Chief Nursing Officer
- Assistant Nursing Officer
- Critical Care Nurse
- Paediatric Surgery Nurse
- Nurse Manager/Supervisor
- Rehabilitation Specialist
- Government hospitals
- Private hospitals
- Primary health centres
- Community health centres
- Rehabilitation clinics
- Training Colleges/Institutes
Master’s Nursing Courses
All master courses are 2-year degree programs.
The aim of the master’s degree is to create expertise in a given area for better performance.
- MSc Nursing
- MSc Mental Health Nursing
- MSc Community Health Nursing
- MSc Child Health Nursing
- MSc Paediatric Nursing
- MSc Obstetrics and Gynecology
MSc in Nursing
MSc Nursing Eligibility Criteria
Top Nursing Collage of India
- Madras Medical College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Madurai Medical College, Madurai, Tamil Nadu
- Government College of Nursing, Alappuzha, Kerala
- Government College of Nursing, Ernakulam, Kerala
- Government College of Nursing, Kozhikode, Kerala
- Government Nursing College, Kottayam, Kerala
- Government College of Nursing, Thrissur, Kerala
- Government College of Nursing, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
- College of Nursing, Kerala Co-Op Hospital Federation Limited, Thalassery, Kerala
- Manipal University, Manipal, Karnataka
- RGUHS, Bangalore, Karnataka
- KLE University, Belgaum, Karnataka
- Belgaum Institute of Medical Sciences, Belgaum, Karnataka
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune, Maharashtra
- Government Medical College and Hospital, Aurangabad, Maharashtra
- Government Medical College, Nagpur, Maharashtra
- Government College of Nursing, Bhavnagar, Gujarat
- Government College of Nursing, Patan, Gujarat
- Government Medical College, Patiala, Punjab
- Government Medical College, Amritsar, Punjab
- Army College of Nursing, Jalandhar, Punjab