Pharmacy and Health care system
• Pharmacy and health care system
• In pharmacy is an integral and essential part of health
• In olden days man developed remedies based on experience.
• Then physician use to diagnose the disease and treat then
in an improvised manner the pharmacy was not in existence.
• Hindu system of medicine began with Atharveda followed by
“Ayurveda” and “Rigveda”
• The Ayurvedic system was greatly affected by
“Unani” and Tibat system which was brought by Muslims in India.
• The Britishers brought the most popular system of medicine
“Allopathic system” with the advancement of Allopathic system in
India, medicines and pharmacy profession got separated.
• A physician prepared his own medicine. Somewhat the family
member of the patient also we are asked to prepare the remedies from medicinal
• Pharmacy occupasion is an important positions in the
health care system. The pharmacist
should be well equipped with knowledge of drugs and their
handling system and legal aspects as well as principal of the qualities assure
applied to medicine, price, structure of medicine product.
• They provide a link between physician and patient which
are advice the patient with a minor illness.
The profession of
pharmacy in our country presently consists of.
Pharmacist has to
play an important role in the Area’s such as –
• Storage and
distribution of drugs
• Drugs choice
• Drug monitoring
• Information and
• Research and
Pharmacy Council of
• PCI has considered the pharmacy educations (D.Pharma,
B.Pharma, M.Pharma) introduce (D.Pharma) such as Hospital & Clinical
Pharmacy the knowledge of which will definitely help the pharmacy contributing
to the national health.
• In the chain of health care the pharmacist is responsible
for insuring that the right patient is receiving right medicine in the dose for
the right condition in right frequency and hence pharmacist is considered as
the integral part of the health care system.
Significance of professional Ethics.
Definition of Law’s:-
Law is the sets of rules and regulation to control, conduct of human individual
Law is statutory binding on every person in the state or
Law are mandatory, violation of which may result in
punishment in term of fine or imprisonment or both.
Ethics: – It
means science of moral or “code of moral principles”
Ethics: – This ethics was related to pharmacy profession is called
of Ethics: – The pharmacy council of India has developed code of
pharmaceutical Ethics for Pharmacists. It is the code of moral principles which
are to be followed by the pharmacist while dealing with patrons, public, Fellow
Pharmacists and members of medical professions.
Pharmaceutical Ethics are moral binding on pharmacist as
regard to their conduct behaviour, character and obesity.
For PDF Notes Click on Download Button